Jeff earned his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University Chicago School of Law in May, 2011. During his time at Loyola, Jeff volunteered in Loyola’s Federal Income Tax Clinic and earned the School’s Certificate of Taxation by receiving additional training in federal income taxation, partnership/corporate taxation, estate tax, and advance corporate taxation.
Jeff focuses his practice in the following areas:
- Bankruptcy. Jeff assists individuals and businesses in determining whether they qualify to file bankruptcy and to advise on what type of bankruptcy would provide the appropriate relief to the client.
- Business Organization and Planning. Jeff assists small, medium, and large businesses with issues closely held companies typically encounter from the early stages of entity selection, startup, and succession planning to complex construction, franchise, loan, and real estate transactions.
- Business Transactions. While working with clients in the manufacturing, transportation, and service industries, Jeff assists with ongoing business matters relating to asset purchases, supply agreements, contract formation, non-compete negotiation and enforcement, secured transactions, franchise acquisitions, and loan and lease workouts.
- Real Estate Services Jeff represents individuals and businesses in both residential and commercial real estate transactions, providing assistance with purchases, leases, land contracts, and tax appeals.
- Business and Real Estate Litigation. Jeff's practice includes the litigation of breaches of contract and non-competition agreements, tortious interference and misrepresentation matters, lien and land contract forfeitures and foreclosures, and property interest determinations
- Estate Planning and Administration. Jeff assists individuals and couples alike with both simple and complex estate planning issues, including will, power of attorney, and trust preparation, probate avoidance techniques, funding concerns, and special needs considerations.
- Family Law. Jeff represents individuals in divorce cases, child custody matters, child support, alimony, and complex property division.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., May 2011
- Grand Valley State University, B.B.A. Human Resource Management & Economics, April 2008
Bar and Court Admissions
- State Bar of Michigan, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association